You can simply cut or trim your video to shorten or remove some parts of it.
1. Click your video on the tracks
2. Position the playhead where you want to trim the video
3. Click the Split button
4. Click on the clip or part you want to remove
5. Click the delete ( X ) button
Britta Neinast Coaching
Ok, I'm frustrated at trimming. Here's what happens.
1. I section off the portion and delete it.
2. I move the remaining portion left to meet the previous portion
3. I play the newly edited video
4. The deleted portion is STILL THERE
So I tried this:
1. I section off the portion and delete it
2. I move the remaining portion up to a new track
3. I move it left to meet the previous portion
4. Sometimes it works and sometimes the deleted portion STILL THERE!
What the hell is happening? Help!
Yes, it works to trim, but it does not trim WHERE I placed the playhead. In fact, it often does weird cuts - Let's say I have 20 seconds of video and I want to use only the first 13 seconds. I trim there as described in the video. When I look at the first 13 seconds, it will show through 15 second and the second trim will show from 12 seconds on - so from 12 - 15 second section is in BOTH clips. I have spent soooooooooooooo much time just trying to get the trims right, it is REALLY frustrating. Even when I get it right, just the way I want it, I come back to it after working on other clips and it is f*ked up AGAIN. What do I need to do to make this work properly?